Media library

From the introduction: 1. Growth versus universalism – In what sense is growth evil? We can say that it is iniquitous, unjust. Indeed it contradicts the principle which lays down the universal validity as criterion of value since it is good for some people but bad for a lot of other people. Nowadays we could say, referring to “Occupy Wall Street”, that growth is good for 1% of people but is evil for the remaining 99%. Growth being iniquitous is increasingly evident. It is clear as a matter of fact and it is becoming more and more evident also in principle.

Contribution to the 3rd International Degrowth Conference for Ecological Sustainability and Social Equity in Venice in 2012.