Together we say no to the alleged lack of alternatives. We want to show concrete scope for action and alternatives to the capitalist growth society, because a good life for all is possible!
Organize a picnic and talk about a “good life for all” – change often starts with a relaxed chat around good food.
Of course, other forms are possible: be it a public debate with degrowth activists, a bicycle tour to a local CSA farm (Community Supported Agriculture), a visit to the next Repair Café, a lecture, a flashmob, an information booth, a small festival, a demonstration in front of a coal power plant… you can decide! But we recommend to have during, before or after the event, a convivial part, where people can interact and share food/drinks together.
If you are organizing your own global degrowth day event, please register on our forum (if you haven’t done so already) and create your event there. You will find instructions here.
If you don’t want to register, you can also fill out the participation form so we can create your event for you. Please note that this may take a little time, also for any changes you may have later.
Your event will appear on the map. This will provide an overview of what is happening globally on the degrowth day, and will also help people and organizations to connect to events in their area.
If you are already a forum member, you can directly create your event.
Toolkit for the Action Day
- Here you can find a document with some ideas for events and a document with some hints on how to organize an event
- Download Collection of Ideas
- Download How To Organise An Event
- Download Poster. Other languages: Catalan, French, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Download Flyer. Other languages: Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish