Degrowth project funding!
Here you find the call. The deadline was the 1st of September 2015.
Dear people interested in and commited to degrowth,
the degrowth-conference took place in Leipzig in September 2014. Fortunately, the collected voluntary participation fee was higher than expected. This enables us to allocate 9.000 Euro for project funding.
Be it the promotion of discussions, the generation of knowledge, the education of people or a practical activity: We would like to support small projects and courageous initiatives towards degrowth. We plan to fund a minimum of 5 projects with 500 up to 2.500 Euro in the year 2015.
We would like to pay special attention to projects with approaches or topics poorly represented in the degrowth discourse. This includes especially feminist degrowth approaches and those critical to power accumulation. Projects like these often face difficulties in getting funding. This includes, among others, topics like the global property system and power structures. In what way could your approach contribute to a fairer balance of social dependence-relations? We are looking for perspectives that address the material-economic as well as the symbolic-cultural opression of vulnerable people/groups. In the view of the above, we are keen to support projects whose members predominantly do not have an academic background. Furthermore, we are looking forward to applications of people who have been voluntarily engaged in the organisation and execution of the degrowth conference and who contributed to its success.
As grant holders, you have an ecological, social and emancipatory fundamental attitude. You pursue your targets as an informal or constituted, non-commercial group. We expect to receive a project (interim) report by 2016 at the latest.
If you would like to apply, send us a pdf document with answers to the following questions:
- 1. Project title, name and contact details of the applicant (group and responsible contact person)
- 2. Grant holders: What are your targets as a group? Describe the importance of a non-discriminating, consens oriented and hierarchy reducing way of organisation (max 200 words)
- 3. Main objective of the project (1 sentence)
- 4. Project and method description: How do you proceed? Who do you address? What will change by means of your project? How does your project relate to the ideas of degrowth? Do you pursue a feministic and/or power relation critical approach? (max. 400 word)
- 5. What kind of previous experience, supporters and partners are you able to present? Are there ressources or circumstances that can contribute to the success of the project? (max 250 words)
- 6. Schedule: What are the important project steps and milestones in your project?
- 7. Budget plan: What do you spend money on (please list expenses as staff costs and material costs)? What is the total cost of the project? Where do you get potential co-payment from?
We are looking forward to your proposals!
Your project fund team